GROUP EXERCISE – Concept Realisation
PRODUCING A RANGE1. Present and discuss your 3D exhibition piece(s) with the class
2. How many of you are collaborating with other courses?
Before, I want to do some carving like fruits and vegetable for my exhibition but the condition of time will make my works can't show. So, I change to make a pop up book which I can can collaborate with another course like painting, photograph and printing. Another exhibition work, want to do craving on candle which the time will not damage my work. In this work I can collaborated with photograph and do some painting for the background.
1. Pop up book
2. Candle carving
I used to carve on soap, fruits and vegetable but I haven't done on candle before. There are two kinds of candle carving that I want to make. The first kind is similar technic with soap carving but the second one is quite different. The materials to make both kinds are similar but for the second one, I have to make the candle by myself to make the colour and layer which is I need.
PRACTICAL – Design Realisation
1. Work on your own for the exhibition
2. Make a list of your proposed exhibition works
3. Itemise
-
• Dimensions
-
• Display requirements (hanging / floor space / special FX / audio / video)
-
• A short description of the concept
-
• The name of the piece
-
• Materials used
4. Save this as a Word doc and copy to the SHARE folder for staff to PRINT group who will design a template
5. Blog all the above
Pop up book
Proposed exhibition works
1. Discuss in group about work, concept and do planing.
2. Design each page about what we want to put in the story, sketching
3. Do the work,
- Make each page by photograph, hand drawing and use photoshop later.
- Print all picture and do paper carving.
- Stick picture on the cardboard and make pop up.
- Up the story by texts
- Make a cover page
- Exhibit
Itemise
- • DimensionsA4 size
- • Display requirementsTall table or box to but the book
- • A short description of the conceptThe book will tell the story about the travelling from thailand to darwin. It also tell some thing interesting in thailand and darwin.
- • The name of the pieceTravelling Pop Up Book : From Thailand to Darwin
- • Materials used
- Materials - A4 paper (white)
- A3 Hard board (white, black, gay)
- Hard paper
- Color paper (multi colour)
- Glue
Tools
- Scissors
- Cutter
- Ruler
- Pen , Pencil
- Water colour
Equipment
- Scanner- Computer
- Photoshop program
- Photographs
- Printer
- Camera
Proposed exhibition works
1. Think about concept, do some research and do planing.
2. Choosing design which is suit with my skill and do the research about the materials and how to make it.
3. Do the work
- Make a basic candle
- do carving
- make some picture for the background
- Exhibit
Itemise
- • Dimensions - many size but not a big one
- • Display requirementsTall table or box to but the candle
- • A short description of the conceptThere are two kind of candle I want to make. The first kind, concept is nature. The picture that i going to carve is nature like flowers and put small story about nature in it. The second kind, the concept is Bright & Light.
- • The name of the pieceTravelling Pop Up Book : From Thailand to Darwin
- • Materials used- candle- carving knife- paper for drawing background- colour for paintingMore researchhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN0_91bxAWEThis is a video to show all the process to make a candle carving. I think it not really hard to make it but need to use a lot of materials to make the candle and need experience. This is one of the thing that I want to make and I never tried it before.


everything covered here - top work
ReplyDelete