Sunday, 30 September 2012

Week10 3D

GROUP EXERCISE – Concept Evaluation

Reflecting on the effectiveness of your design process and concept communication PART 1 – 20 mins
The GROUP verbally evaluates each member’s 3D Exhibition work
Scribe writes a summary paragraph on the 2 points below fro each member

  1. 1.  Effectiveness of design process
  2. 2.  Effectiveness of concept communication
PART 2 - 10 mins Blog
Each student post the group results in your blog with images and descriptive text


Cherill
1.  Effectiveness of design process
With her helmet covers. the process is very good. She did a lot of research and also talked to the experts about materials. More over, she also did some survey to get the information from people about design.
2.  Effectiveness of concept communication
In her exhibition work. There are many designs for different gender and age like for lady, man and kids. I think the design that I have seen from Cherill's design is pretty cool and can tell us very easy that she want to design it for the lady.

Queenie

1.  Effectiveness of design process
Her process is very good. She did the sketch first and then put it in the illustrator. The whole story also is put in the table to see all the plan. That's my favourite way in her work.
2.  Effectiveness of concept communication
Her concept before was about the little teddy go to supermarket and meet his friends. Actually, I like that idea but now she changes the concept to be something about Darwin. That's much better in my opinion. Her story also have a lot of picture about interesting place in Darwin. It's good for kids and also can be a guid book for tourists.  

Jacob
1.  Effectiveness of design process
His Angry bird is very cute. I used to make paper marchra before and I know how it work. The process is not very complicate but need a lot of patient to make it. He found the materials around house to create art work and that's cool! 
2.  Effectiveness of concept communication
His inspiration comes from his son and I think if he wants to do something for his son to have fun with it. This is a very good thing to communicate with kids. Angry bird is a popular carector and his like it. I treacly like the final result in his video that his son play with it.


My work
1.  Effectiveness of design process
I did my pop up book by sketched first and then drew the pictures. If some pictures i can't draw, I would use the photographs. After that I used photoshop to edit all picture and printed it on the paper then did pop up. There are many kinds of paper that I used. I tried to find the best paper to make pop up and I tested it many times before I did pop up. 
2.  Effectiveness of concept communication
In my story is about the travelling "From Thailand to Darwin". The pop up picture and the text also about Thailand and life in Darwin. I think this thing can communicate with the reader well.


PRACTICAL – Design Realisation

20 mins – Develop 3D Exhibition Designs / 5 mins Blog 

In my pop up book, there are some area that I have to improve. 
- The pictures
I need to draw more pictures.
- Cover page
It quite a big work on it because it is the first page. Now, I still find the idea about it.
- Pop up pages
There are 3 pages left that I have to make. I still thinking about the pictures and the design. I already sketched these pages but still need more idea because sometime when I make it, It doesn't come up like my plan. Design and type of paper are very important thing.

Research

I try to design my cover page for my pop up book and here are some websites that I did research. I want to make my cover page in a cartoon style by my drawing.
http://www.expertsubjects.com/covers/?gclid=CMztzd_B3rICFeJMpgodthcAwQ
http://all-free-download.com/free-vector/book-cover-page-design.html
http://4hdwall.com/high-definition-animated-cartoon-wallpapers/

 
This is the color style that I want for my cover page


This is another video which has background color and style like the one that I want to make for my cover page. I want my cover page to be a cartoon style. The main colors that I want are blue and green. Moreover, I will put multi-color and lovely cartoons to tell a little bit of story in my cover page. I want the reader can guess what my book is about when they see the cover page.

1 comment: